All summaries below are done to the best of my abilities and are for the purpose of informing and not paskening. In all cases, a posek should be consulted.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome to the Learning Teshuvot Blog

I will be honest, this blog is more for me than it is for any readers who may come along. I have often tried to start some sort of a seder of learning a teshuva (Rabbinic responsum) each day, but I have often stopped after a few days. My hope is that the existence of a virtual log of summaries of the teshuvot that I learn will motivate me to continue.

At the outset, I cannot promise exactly what I will write about each teshuva and how much depth I will provide. At minimum, I will summarize the conclusion of the teshuva and the basic points along the way. I may decide to offer some of my own thoughts or questions, and if time permits I may offer some more depth on the major sugyot under discussion. All will be worked out over time.

If you have found yourself reading this blog, please enjoy the fruits of my labor. I am open to any comments and critiques, although I am not looking to moderate any in-depth discussions at this point. I do have a day job, after all.

No comments: